There is nothing wrong with your vehicle. Do not attempt to adjust its operation. We are controlling the speed. If we wish to make it go faster, we will bring up the speed. If we wish to make it go slower, we will apply the brakes. We will control your steering. For your driving safety, sit quietly and we will control all of the vehicle's functions. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your vehicle. You are about to participate in a great socialist adventure.
Once again, we find our increasingly tyrannical government attempting to limit your freedoms—this time by curtailing your property rights and restricting your freedom of mobility.
Hidden deep within 1000+ page House Resolution H.R.3684, known as the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and masquerading as an impaired driving safety issue, we find the government’s demand that all new vehicles contain a remotely-operated “kill switch.”
Or in the language of the legislation-- “To ensure the prevention of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities, advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology must be standard equipment in all new passenger motor vehicles that can passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired; and prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an impairment is detected.
Of course, the details are sketchy as a lazy Congress abdicated their sworn duty to debate the issue and craft the actual law, outsourcing their duties to an Executive Branch agency. They are leaving it to the Secretary of Transportation and his bureaucratic minions to craft the essential administrative rules and regulations that act with the force of law.
It is anticipated that your vehicle’s sensors will continuously monitor your behavior to determine impairment, including speed, braking, jerky control movement, lane excursions – all mannerisms of a drunk driver, a driver in medical distress, a driver seeking to avoid an accident, or a driver attempting to flee a pursuer.
Where are the answers to these crucial questions?
- Who controls the system, and under what conditions?
- Who has access to the data collected by the system?
- Will law enforcement agencies be given access to the data without a warrant?
- Can insurance companies use the data to determine your insurability and rates?
- Will the system lead to forced medical interventions?
- Who is responsible for accidental activation and system-caused crashes and personal injuries?
- What about security from hackers or malicious third parties such as government employees, contractors, and confidential informers who have access to the “keys to the kingdom?”
What about civil rights?
Such a device could also target and discriminate against certain groups of people, such as low-income communities or people of color, who are more likely to live in areas where the risk of impaired driving is higher. Or the unthinkable, conservative drivers appearing to head to polling places in heavily GOP precincts?
The end game?
There is no doubt in my mind that the progressive communist democrats, especially in California and New York, want to curtail the independence, freedom, and joy derived from car ownership-- and limit your existence to Soviet-style hives where everything you need is within a 15-minute walk or accessible by government-controlled mass transit.
Eliminating private ownership of vehicles could have several potential dangers, including:
- Dependence on the government: Individuals may become overly dependent on the government to provide transportation without the option to own a personal vehicle. This could lead to a loss of autonomy and control over one’s freedom of mobility.
- Reduced access to transportation: A transition to a completely public transportation system could leave some areas, mainly rural areas, with limited access to transportation. This could lead to isolation and reduced economic opportunities for those living in these areas. How will you return home after a natural disaster or a public employee strike? How can you flee to safety or seek help in an emergency?
- Job Losses: Eliminating private vehicle ownership would significantly impact the automobile industry and its vendors. This could lead to significant job losses and economic disruption.
- Lack of flexibility: Public transportation may not always be available, reliable, or meet the specific needs of an individual, such as disability, distance, timing, or cargo and passenger capacity.
- Privacy concerns: Eliminating personal vehicle ownership could also raise privacy concerns, as individuals would have to rely on public transportation systems that may be subject to surveillance and monitoring.
Already you risk investigation and possibly temporary incarceration because your geo-locator data indicates your registered device was at or near the scene of a crime. As the January 6 patriot-protesters.
Once again, we find that our freedom is being compromised by our government in the false promise of safety, punishing the masses for the actions of a relatively few errant individuals. Most of these schemes are driven by pointy-headed academics with a radical far-left bias.
The government is likely preparing to use geolocation data to track individuals who might visit gun stores or shooting ranges.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS