The globalists and the progressive communist democrats are using Ukraine to rape the U.S. Treasury and pouring billions of unaccountable dollars into the abyss where they are used to pay off the military-industrial complex by selling war materiel to Ukraine and supporting the Ukraine economy – including government worker pensions.
Nothing to see here. No corruption. Move along…
Ukraine Aid Is 2.6 Percent of Omnibus Spending Bill
The help we’ve given Ukrainians to repel the Russian invasion of their country is not a major source of our fiscal woes.
There’s plenty to criticize in the $1.7 trillion omnibus spending bill. The 4,155-page bill was released around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, and passed the Senate on Thursday afternoon. This type of legislative sausage-making has been common for years, but it’s also an unserious way to govern. And for a budget hawk, the top-line $1.7 trillion figure would be troubling even if the bill were being passed through regular order.
[OCS: Everyone who purports to represent their respective constituencies and voted for this bill without reading or understandings its provisions should be censured. With a special penalty for the 18 Senators who gutted the GOP’s ability to use the House to cut wasteful spending. The GOP asswipes are Blunt, Boozman, Capito, Collins, Cornyn, Cotton, Graham, Inhofe, McConnell, Moran, Murkowski, Portman, Romney, Rounds, Shelby, Thune, Wicker, Young. I am surprised that Tom Cotton is on the list as he is slated to lead some of the critical GOP Committee work.]
But that top-line figure also demonstrates that aid to Ukraine is not a major reason the United States is saddled with $31 trillion of debt. The omnibus includes $45 billion in spending broadly intended to help repel the Russian invasion of Ukraine. That’s real money, but it also amounts to only 2.6 percent of the entire package. And if you add it to the other Ukraine aid passed since the full-scale Russian invasion began in February, you get a total of around $100 billion — or about 2.5 percent of total annual federal spending. <Source>
Where is the debate?
Before sending $100 billion to a corrupt foreign entity, shouldn’t someone be asking the tough questions?
(1) Was this conflict created by our CIA and Department of State, which has a history of meddling in Ukraine as proven by documentary evidence and sworn testimony as a byproduct of the Trump impeachment hoax?
(2) Is this aid weakening the United States military and depleting our stockpiles, putting us at risk in low-level conflicts?
(3) Cost/benefit analysis of analyzing and degrading non-nuclear, tactical Russian Forces to weaken an opponent seeking expansion in nearby lands?
(4) Is this aid leading to a Russian escalation and a Russia-Iran, Russia-Saudi alliance?
(5) What is the impact of conflict on a war effort dependent on global supply chain economics?
(6) How does this conflict impact our enemy, the Communist Chinese, who are churning out expensive components for our war effort?
(7) How vulnerable is the U.S. to the increasing capabilities of North Korea, Iran, and possibly Pakistan-supplied terrorists?
(8) Is it morally defensible to assist other nations while our senior citizens and others suffer at home from escalated prices brought about by the government’s profligate spending?
(9) Is an incompetent/corrupt administration creating a more significant global power vacuum that increases the influence of U.S. enemies?
(10) What is the endpoint and how will it be implemented?
(11) And what to do with Ukrainian immigrants seeking asylum.
In my view, we have financed the destruction of one-half of Russia's non-nuclear fighting forces and arms without a significant loss of American lives. Seems like a great deal to me -- but that does not mean that these matters should not be discussed and our investment should be protected from corruption, both foreign and domestic. Then there is also the issue of the Russians building back their military better.
How are the feckless Republicans less corrupt on fiscal issues than the progressive communist democrats?
Do the Obamacons that run Biden's foreign policy know what they are doing?
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS