Once again, we find that there are no Republicans in the Democrat Party, but there are Democrats in the Republican Party.
These twelve Republicans voted to pass the radical Democrat "Respect for Marriage Act (H.R. 8404) which usurps states' rights to provide statutory authority for same-sex and interracial marriages while repealing provisions that define marriage as between a man and a woman. Overlooking the fact that defining other martial options as civil unions left the age-old sanctity of the word marriage.
- Roy Blunt of Missouri,
- Richard Burr of North Carolina,
- Shelley Capito of West Virginia,
- Susan Collins of Maine,
- Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming,
- Rob Portman of Ohio,
- Mitt Romney of Utah,
- Dan Sullivan of Alaska,
- Thom Tillis of North Carolina,
- Joni Ernst of Iowa,
- Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and
- Todd Young of Indiana.
Is this pandering to a wealthy, politically-connected voting block, virtue signaling, of a reaffirmation of the same-sex status quo? Or, is it the beginning of an attack on religious rights -- creating a hostile atmosphere for those institutions and individuals who believe that marriage is the traditional union of a man and woman?
How many bakers will have to forfeit their religious rights to legally recognize something they do not believe or support -- under penalty of law? What happened to the U.S. Constitution that demands equal treatment "under the law," no more, no less?
Are we looking at communism with its stated aim of marginalizing and oppressing people of faith? Persecuting those who believe in marriage as society has defined it for ages?
This is a bad bill...
- You cannot have respect for marriage while defiling the concept by fundamentally changing its definition.
- You cannot promote a healthy population if you defile the concept of the traditional nuclear family.
- You cannot overcome destructive demographics by encouraging non-reproductive sex or aberrant lifestyles.
- As a cheap political trick, the Democrats included interracial marriage to allow them to condemn anyone who opposed the bill as a racist.
- Birth control and abortion severed the connection between sex and the family.
- Welfare severed the connection between a Father being responsible for their family and delegated that responsibility to the government.
- Cohabitation and no-fault divorce killed the idea of marriage permanency for the benefit of children until the age of majority.
- Declining fertility rates and the overall birth rate is now being described as a disaster but appear to be the outcome of the Marxist destruction of the nuclear family and the rise of the state as the guiding force of all parenthood.
- And, if you are paying attention, you will see abortion described in terms of the Marxist class struggle and a fundamental right. Especially if you are a communist like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Against the progressive communist democrat destruction of the American nuclear family, there is Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer claiming we have to grant citizenship to tens of millions of foreign individuals who have healthy birth rates to continue societal growth. Many of these individuals are unfamiliar with American values and the duties of citizenship while maintaining allegiance to their former oppressive nation or culture.
While there are legislative and procedural advantages to having a Senate majority, unless the GOP can muster an overwhelming majority in 2024, many Senators will continue to jump the aisle with impunity to further the progressive communist democrat agenda.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS