A WARNING TO MY AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS
Australia used to be a wonderous land, full of freedom-loving, easy-going Ozzies.
Now it appears to be run by corrupt progressive communist politicians who have sold the nation out to the Communist Chinese and are implementing Chinese-style surveillance and authoritarian controls.
Australia’s Commonwealth Bank begins tracking transactions, links it to carbon footprint
Surveilling transactions to nudge social change.
Australia’s Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has added a new feature to its online banking software that tells customers their carbon footprint based on monthly spending. The move follows a partnership between the bank and CoGo, a company that provides carbon footprint management solutions.
According to the bank, the national average of carbon emitted is 1,280 kilograms, while a sustainable figure is 200. The bank has provided the option to “pay a fee” to offset the carbon footprint.
CBA said it does not share data with CoGo. It added that eventually the data will be broken down into each individual transaction.
The bank calculates a person’s carbon footprint based on the transactions using their credit or debit cards.
“By combining our rich customer data and CoGo’s industry-leading capability in measuring carbon outputs, we will be able to provide greater transparency for customers so that they can take actionable steps to reduce their environmental footprint,” CommBank Group executive Angus Sullivan said in a statement.
“Our data capability will provide greater personalization for customers over time, including more granular information about their carbon footprint with the option to offset individual transactions.”
He added: “There are more opportunities for customers to take actionable steps to reduce and offset their emissions than ever before. From purchasing clean energy products via a 0.99 percent Green Loan and accessing renewable energy at wholesale costs with Amber, to customers now being able to offset their monthly transactions via the CommBank app using CoGo’s technology.” <Source>
A message to Australia’s Commonwealth Bank: Get stuffed!
(1) Global warming is an elite hoax used to secure political control and manage wealth redistribution and is based on the unproven hypothesis that carbon dioxide emissions are a significant driver of climate change and therefore need to be monitored and regulated.
(2) Carbon offsets are just another tax on individuals and organizations meant to coerce regime-acceptable behaviors.
(3) There are no accurate measures of carbon footprints, nor are there any measurements that can detect, isolate, and measure man’s effect on the global climate among the natural variability of the global climate.
(4) Fair dinkum: the drivers of climate change such as the Sun’s energy output in all spectral bands, cosmic rays, the Earth’s position relative to the Sun, the Earth’s precessional and rotational dynamics, the Earth’s magnetosphere, plate tectonics and vulcanology, the deep ocean currents, the internal dynamics of the Earth, and the most significant greenhouse gas of all, water vapor, are all macro phenomena that cannot be mitigated by man’s efforts, no matter how heroic.
(5) It is a very short leap from measuring your carbon footprint using the regime’s criteria, to calculating a Communist Chinese-style social credit score used to reward or punish you based on behavior approved by the regime.
Australia’s Commonwealth Bank (CBA), a history of misconduct ...
- The Commonwealth Bank admitted to being the worst financial services entity in Australia for charging customers fees for financial advice they never received. <Source>
- Commonwealth Bank’s financial advisers have charged dead clients for financial advice – in one case for more than a decade – according to shocking evidence heard at the banking royal commission. <Source>
- At the Commonwealth Bank, chief risk officer David Cohen had prepared several memos for the end-of-year bonus decision at the board's remuneration committee. A five-page attachment listed dozens of problems, from dodgy consumer credit insurance sales to an overdraft error that could have cost $139 million. No executive's names were listed next to each item, although the responsible business units were. <Source>
- For further scandals and controversies -- <Read This>
Perhaps the CBA is the last entity you want to trust with your private data? Known colloquially as "CommBank," perhaps they should be known as "CommiBank."
Individuals, both in Australia and the United States, appear to be losing their freedoms to a coalition of globalists (World Economic Forum) and authoritarian communists. All made possible by corrupt government officials financed by hostile foreign powers and working through domestic consultants, advisors, corporations, and foundations.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS