WHAT A STUPID PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT QUESTION?
Sometimes the way you ask a question reveals the bias of the questioner.
There is no doubt that the Hollywood community has always been biased towards socialism, communism, and the progressive communist democrats, so it would seem natural that an industry-associated publication like “The Wrap,” which bills itself as “The Essential Source for Entertainment Insiders,” question why a billionaire entrepreneur would support the GOP in the mid-term elections.
Larry Ellison Steps Up as Top GOP Midterm Fundraiser, Donating $15 Million This Year – But Why?
”Larry is too smart and savvy to fall for the Trump snake oil, but there are some in Silicon Valley who are tired of Democratic class warfare,“ a Republican strategist said
Larry Ellison, the 10th-richest man in the world and one of Donald Trump’s favorite tech tycoons, has emerged as one of the top Republican donors in this election season, donating $15 million this year alone to a conservative PAC fueling Republican efforts to recapture the House and the Senate.
Since 2020, the Oracle Corp. co-founder has made a series of donations totaling $25 million to South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott’s Opportunity Matters Fund – a conservative group that also received donations from Koch Industries Inc. and New Balance owner and chairman James S. Davis. Its stated mission is to support candidates who will enact “positive legislation initiatives and help prove that the American Dream is alive and well.” ‘’
The financial support is all the more notable given that Ellison's two children, Megan and David, are prominent Hollywood producers, a notoriously liberal environment. Megan Ellison is the founder of Annapurna Pictures, which made the Oscar-nominated war critique "Zero Dark Thirty" among other films, while David Ellison is the founder and CEO of Skydance Media, which made this year's billion-dollar box office hit,"Top Gun Maverick." <Source>
Perhaps the answer is self-evident and can be found in the opening line, “Larry is too smart and savvy to fall for snake oil?”
(1) There is no doubt in my mind that Ellison is a logical thinker, a great programmer, and a brilliant businessman who can focus on facts and read the environment. While many describe him as “ruthless,” I would suggest he is goal-oriented with almost zero tolerance for non-productive bullshit. Ditto for Hollywood-style “groupthink” that demands you support the progressive communist agenda and its cause of the day.
(2) Continuing to relate everything to Donald Trump, who has been out of office for two years, is simply a distraction as the progressive communist democrats have few solid achievements, if any, they can exploit for the upcoming 2022 mid-term election and, worst of all, have brought about an economic and cultural disaster that threatens our constitution, the rule of law, economy, and national security. It appears that the progressive communist democrats are willing to forgo any government oversight of active government corruption to attack Donald Trump.
(3) Ellison’s fortunes, existing primarily on the valuation of his investments, have seen a severe decline under the Obama/Biden administration. I call it the Obama/Biden administration because the President is clearly incapacitated under the 25th Amendment and is being stage-managed by a cadre of Obama acolytes who do not wish the country well. The cabinet-level officials appear unwilling to give up their positions and fear a Kamala Harris presidency as she appears ill-suited to assume the presidency.
(4) I would suggest that Ellison’s donations fall within the category of self-preservation and the recognition that the GOP is likely to hold the purse strings in the House and eke out a Senate majority. A smart move since Ellison’s company produces the most-used major database software in government use. For those who read the FEC fundraising reports, one can see that Ellison has also donated money to progressive candidates and causes, including the Democratic National Committee, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Zoe Lofgren and John Kerry.
(5) While the Koch Brothers and Koch Industries have been used as right-wing boogeymen for years by the progressive communist democrats, the truth is they are libertarians, not conservatives, and their positions often align with the far left.
OMG, someone tangentially associated with Hollywood through his children dares think for himself and not slavishly support the orthodoxy of the progressive communist democrats.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS