Many, myself included, have always thought that, by traditional measures, Tesla was over-valued and buoyed up by investor sentiment. However, it is hard to counter the financial engineering and promotional skills of Elon Musk.
The market embraces volatility-driven profits...
Few large money managers are willing to risk legal battles with rapacious securities attorneys by putting their woke ideology over their fiduciary duties to their shareholders/investors. Therefore, one might assume that the big funds are pouncing, counting on a hostile media reaction and possibly regulatory intervention to create the type of volatility that generates enormous profits.
In case you haven't noticed...
Elon Musk's takeover of Tesla is little more than a diversion from the real problems we face.
(1) A corrupt, incompetent, and ideological-driven Biden Administration run by a cadre of Obama's acolytes.
(2) A corrupt Congress worried about upcoming elections.
(3) A Federal Reserve rate hike schedule featuring an artificially bloated balance sheet that affects the cost of money and increases the burden of index-linked debt service. A sure cause of inflation.
(4) The real possibility of moving into severe stagflation followed by depression with investors selling stock amidst concerns of a coming recession.
(5) Declines in big technology companies like Alphabet, Apple, Microsoft, and Twitter, whose increases in value have come to represent a sizeable portion of market indices.
Like everything else in the financial shell game, nothing much at Tesla has changed; the only thing that has changed is the media-driven perception driving stock prices. In all likelihood, creating temporary discomfort for Elon Musk; who knows, this too shall pass.
However, this is a golden opportunity to observe the ideological bent of your favorite media by watching how they handle the narrative.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS