The sacred bond of trust between you and your doctor is about to be broken by the progressive communist democrats who rule the State of California…
California legislature—2021–22 regular session
Introduced by Assembly Member Low; (Coauthors: Assembly Members Aguiar-Curry, Akilah Weber, and Wicks; Senators Pan and Wiener)
An act to add Section 2270 to the Business and Professions Code, relating to healing arts.
Legislative Counsel’s Digest
AB 2098, as introduced, Low. Physicians and surgeons: unprofessional conduct.
This bill would designate the dissemination or promotion of misinformation or disinformation related to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, or “COVID-19,” as unprofessional conduct. The bill would require the board to consider specified factors prior to bringing a disciplinary action against a physician and surgeon. The bill would also make findings and declarations in this regard.
2270. (a) It shall constitute unprofessional conduct for a physician and surgeon to disseminate or promote misinformation or disinformation related to COVID-19, including false or misleading information regarding the nature and risks of the virus, its prevention and treatment; and the development, safety, and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.
(b) The board shall consider the following factors prior to bringing a disciplinary action against a licensee under this section:
(1) Whether the licensee deviated from the applicable standard of care.
It appears that politicians often overlook existing or effective legislation and introduce dangerous, misleading, contradictory, conflicting, or confusing new legislation to prove somehow that they are “doing something.”
Consider this rule relating to alternative or complementary medicine and mentioning Lyme Disease.
California Code, Business and Professions Code - BPC § 2234.1
(a) A physician and surgeon shall not be subject to discipline pursuant to subdivision (b), (c), or (d) of Section 2234 solely on the basis that the treatment or advice he or she rendered to a patient is alternative or complementary medicine, including the treatment of persistent Lyme Disease, if that treatment or advice meets all of the following requirements:
(1) It is provided after informed consent and a good-faith prior examination of the patient, and medical indication exists for the treatment or advice, or it is provided for health or well-being.
(2) It is provided after the physician and surgeon has given the patient information concerning conventional treatment and describing the education, experience, and credentials of the physician and surgeon related to the alternative or complementary medicine that he or she practices.
(3) In the case of alternative or complementary medicine, it does not cause a delay in, or discourage traditional diagnosis of, a condition of the patient.
(4) It does not cause death or serious bodily injury to the patient.
(b) For purposes of this section, “alternative or complementary medicine,” means those health care methods of diagnosis, treatment, or healing that are not generally used but that provide a reasonable potential for therapeutic gain in a patient's medical condition that is not outweighed by the risk of the health care method.
(c) Since the National Institute of Medicine has reported that it can take up to 17 years for a new best practice to reach the average physician and surgeon, it is prudent to give attention to new developments not only in general medical care but in the actual treatment of specific diseases, particularly those that are not yet broadly recognized in California.
Today's politicians cannot accurately describe the science of the day without resorting to a political narrative. Therefore, they should shut the fuck up and leave it to the marketplace of ideas to hash out a version of the truth -- unmolested by the government. To this end, the government cannot define disinformation or misinformation to any useful degree of certainty.
What we know...
(1) Medicine is not an absolute science as treatments vary with an individual's physiology, current condition, environment, and support mechanism. There is no such thing as "The Science" and individuals like Dr. Fauci are little more than bureaucrats in white lab coats.
(2) Any government narrative or action is based on the politicization of the subject matter, how it affects the existing power structure of the current regime, and how it affects special interests with a stake in a particular outcome.
(3) Relative to current information, the information provided by the government about Covid-19 and its treatment was incorrect, deeply flawed, ineffective, or downright deadly to particular groups of individuals. Therapeutics were not as effective or lacked the efficacy that was initially advertised.
(4) The government engaged in an unconstitutional attempt to silence its critics or those that provided alternative scenarios by engaging in a public-private workaround where the mainstream media and social platforms were encouraged, either directly or indirectly, to censor information that did not comport with the government's narrative or cancel the accounts of those dissenting voices.
(5) Because of the potential to generate billions of dollars in profits with a reoccurring revenue stream, alternative low-cost therapeutics and practices were discouraged.
Side with your personal physician...
This is just another progressive communist democrat attempt to control the medical narrative; the conscientious physician be damned -- especially if they recommend a course of action that does not support the regime's narrative.
We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS