Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer to leave the Court…
By now, almost everybody has heard that Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer, the oldest member of the Court at 83, has announced that he will retire at the end of the current Supreme Court term, after 27 years on the Court.
As one of the Court’s most progressive members, along with Associate Justices Kagan and Sotomayor, there is no doubt that Breyer will be replaced by a Biden nominee who is, at least, as progressive or possibly even more progressive than Breyer.
While it won’t tip the Court's ideological balance, it does make a mockery of the idea that Supreme Court Justices are unbiased arbiters of the U.S. Constitution and disputes between the States.
“We the People” are about to be screwed once again…
Instead of choosing one of the best and brightest jurists with a record of outstanding jurisprudence, we are likely to find Biden’s choice reflects the progressive communist democrat’s support of identity politics. Where color, ethnicity, and gender trump knowledge and competence.
Let the speculation begin…
Since Biden declared that his first Supreme Court nominee would be a black woman during his 2020 campaign, his choices appear to be limited. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: “The president has stated and reiterated his commitment to nominating a black woman to the Supreme Court and certainly stands by that.”
The ultimate horror scenario – Biden solves many of his problems by nominating an incompetent, feckless, cackling Kamala Harris to the position. Her legal qualifications are marginal, but she is bi-racial and a declared woman. With the Vice President slot empty, Biden appoints the next President of the United States as he is likelyto step down prior to the end of his term.
Biden nominates an Asian-American with familial ties to the Communist Chinese Party.
Almost as bad -- Stacy Abrams, the boisterous racist who believes she is Georgia’s legitimate governor. Her sister, Judge Leslie Abrams Gardner, is said to be the better nominee and appears to be in the mix.
More traditional nominees…
- US Circuit Court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, 51 – she replaced Merrick Garland, now the US attorney general, and her position usually is on the path to the Supreme Court. Considering the wide dislike of Garland, she may end up as our next Attorney General if she is not appointed to the Court. Her previous confirmation hearing was supported by RINO Senators Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC).
- US District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs, 55 – said to be the favorite of Representative James Clyburn (D-SC) the Majority Whip and the third-ranking Democrat in the United States House of Representative.
- California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger, 45 – an accomplished jurist.
- Sherrilyn Ifill, 59 -- the outgoing head of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and a nationally recognized expert on voting rights and judicial selection. Like the late Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg who came from the ACLU, her progressive credentials are impeccable.
Lesser names floated by partisan groups…
- Judge Leslie Abrams Gardner – the Stacy Abrams choice.
- Circuit Judge Eunice Lee – a Chuck Schumer favorite.
- Circuit Judge Candace Jackson-Akiwumi – A Dick Durbin favorite from corrupt Chicago.
- District Judge Wilhelmina "Mimi" Wright – an Amy Klobuchar favorite.
- Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) – not black.
- California Attorney General Xavier Becerra – neither black nor female.
Funny, Biden's exclusionary policy limiting nominees to a specific color and gender would be illegal under employment law. Again, the progressive communist Democrats want to impose their toxic ideology on the Supreme Court. This is a dangerous time when the progressive communist Democrats openly eliminate Whites, Jews, Asians, Hispanics, and others from the selection pool and consideration on qualifications alone.
What the progressive communist Democrats really want is a communist activist who is fine with disrespecting the Constitution and the destruction of America from within. Even though the media will label them "moderates" or "centrist."
No matter which nominee is chosen by the thoroughly corrupt Joe Biden, “We the People” are screwed as the sanctity of the U.S. Constitution continues to fade.
By the way, I think it was highly disrespectful of the White House to leak Justice Breyer's decision before he publicly announced his decision. Of course, it was leaked so that the propaganda machine could be spun-up to support the improper restrictions on the selection and decision-making process.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell