Once again, the progressive communist democrat majority in California’s legislature and the man who wants to be king, Governor Gavin Newsom, have conspired to screw Californians.
You have no parental rights. Shut-up and pay the bill. No, we cannot tell you what it’s for.
With Assembly Bill AB 1184, “Medical information: confidentiality.” that prohibits insurance companies from revealing to the policyholder the “sensitive” services of anyone on their policy, including minor children, even though the policy owner is financially responsible for the services. The bill sponsored by Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, allows minor children to hide life-threatening or life-altering medical procedures from their parents or legal guardians. “
“Sensitive” services include abortions, sexual assault treatment, drug abuse and mental health treatment, cross-sex hormones, puberty blockers, and sex-change operations. In California, minors can consent to all of these sensitive treatments after the age of 12 under certain conditions, and consent to abortions at any age.
Not only does this bill obliterate parental rights and the ability of parents or their legal guardians from protecting their young children, it makes insurance policyholders financially responsible for bills they did not incur or verify as appropriate and legitimate.
You can more easily targeted by criminals, anti-gun groups, the media and your employer.
With Assembly Bill AB 173, “Public Safety,” the California Department of Justice is compelled to supply information identifying firearm and ammunition purchasers to a newly created research center at the University of California, Davis or any other “any other nonprofit bona fide research institution accredited by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, as specified, for the study of the prevention of violence.” that requests the information. Data points include unencrypted, non-anonymized name, address, date of birth, purchase details, purchase location and date, and other details.
Notice, there are no specific penalties for the unauthorized release of information or a specific right of an individual to recover damages from an unauthorized or “accidental” release of information. “Material identifying individuals shall only be provided for research or statistical activities and shall not be revealed or used for purposes other than research or statistical activities. Reports or publications derived therefrom shall not identify specific individuals.”
Giving illegal aliens a say in the Democrat Party.
With Senate Bill SB 714, “Democratic Party: county central committees: appointment and election” repeals a requirement that a person must be affiliated with the Democratic Party of California to be eligible for appointment to a Democratic Party county central committee and permits a person who is not a United States citizen to be elected to a Democratic Party county central committee if certain conditions are met.
Nobody should be surprised that the bill was sponsored by the Chicano Latino Caucus of the California Democratic Party as they continue to pander to illegal aliens who may become citizens beholden to the Democrat Party.
The only good news for today…
It appears that the former Minneapolis police officer, Derek Chauvin, convicted earlier this year for the May 2020 murder of George Floyd, has appealed his conviction that underlies a 22-year prison sentence. For some of us who followed the trial testimony, there is little doubt in my mind that Chauvin was the target of a politically motivated prosecution by politically motivated partisans who reacted to media reports. The jury was tainted by the illegal behavior of one or more jurors and motivated by the fear of public condemnation and another outbreak of riots by domestic terrorists should they render a not guilty verdict.
I do not believe Chauvin is a racist or necessarily conducted himself inappropriately on the fateful day when Floyd most likely died of a self-inflicted drug overdose while resisting arrest. Unfortunately, the optics of the scene from a particular vantage point seemed to support an exploitable narrative by the race-baiters and those who profit from radicalized race relations.
The 14 issues cited by Chauvin in his appeal filing claiming he was prevented from receiving a fair and unbiased trial:
- The District Court abused its discretion when it denied Appellant’s motion for change of venue or new trial;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it denied Appellant’s motion for continuance or new trial;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it denied Appellant’s motions to sequester the jury throughout the trial;
- The State committed prejudicial prosecutorial misconduct;
- The District Court prejudicially erred when it concluded that the testimony of Morries Hall, or in the alternative Mr. Hall’s statements to law enforcement, did not fall under Minn. R. Evid. 804(b)(3) and was not a violation of Appellant’s constitutional confrontation rights;
- The District Court prejudicially erred when it permitted the State to present cumulative evidence with respect to use of force;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it ordered the State to lead witnesses on direct examination;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it failed to make an official record of the numerous sidebar conferences that occurred during trials;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it failed to allow Appellant to exercise several cause strikes for clearly biased jurors during voir dire;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it permitted the State to amend its complaint to add the charge of third-degree murder;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it strictly limited and undercut the admissibility of George Floyd’s May 6, 2019 arrest;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it submitted instructions to the jury that materially misstated the law;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it by denying Appellant’s motion for Schwartz hearing;
- The District Court abused its discretion when it denied Appellant’s post-verdict
A favorable ruling from the Minnesota Supreme Court -- the third-degree murder conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor was reversed because Noor didn’t intend to harm anyone else when he shot and killed 40-year-old Justine Ruszczyk Damond in 2017.
But the political persecution extends beyond state courts; Chauvin faces additional politically motivated federal civil charges brought by hyper-partisans pandering to the black community.
There is no other way to say it. We are so screwed.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell