It is unknown whether or not this is an “official” Larry Elder campaign shirt…
The election date is Tuesday, September 14, 2021. The ballots will be mailed in August and contain two questions. (1) Should Governor Newsom be recalled? (2) Which of the listed candidates should immediately replace him as governor? If the governor is recalled, the candidate with the most votes will immediately be sworn into office.
At this point, there appear to be 41 candidates – AND LARRY ELDER IS NOT ON THE THE SECRETARY OF STATE’S LIST!
Among the more serious candidates with political experience…
- John Cox, 66, is a multimillionaire businessman who was the Republican nominee for governor in 2018 and lost to Newsom. He appears to be a perennial candidate, running for the U.S. House, the Senate, and the presidency.
- Doug Ose, 66, is a multimillionaire businessman and former Republican congressman who represented a Sacramento-area district from 1999 to 2005.
- Kevin Faulconer, 54, is a Republican, twice elected mayor of Democratic-leaning San Diego.
- Kevin Kiley, 36, is a strong conservative Republican state assemblyman from the Sacramento area.
A wild card…
- Kevin Paffrath, 29, is a Democrat real estate broker who gives his 1.7 million YouTube subscribers financial advice on his “Meet Kevin” channel.
Among the joke candidates…
- Angelyne, a pseudo-celebrity famous for buying billboard space to advertise her name and image in the ’80s. She has not indicated a party preference. Her platform includes an annual masquerade ball where citizens dress up like the governor, an official Bubble Bath Day, and “rehab for politicians.” I see Angelyne tooling around Thousand Oaks occasionally in her pink Corvette and charging for selfies and autographed pictures.
- Caitlyn Jenner, 71, a lifelong Republican trying to parlay her D-list celebrity into a political job. While as Bruce Jenner, he won the men’s decathlon gold medal at the 1976 Olympics, married into the Kardashian family, and with them became reality show bit-player. Bruce came out as transgender in 2015. She flew the California coop and is currently filming a reality show in Australia.
I am primarily voting against Gavin Newsom, a smarmy elite “do as I say, not as I do” politician who has been a disaster for California in the areas of asinine COVID-19 mandates, taxation, environmental regulations, siding with criminals, and neglecting of our decaying infrastructure. At the same time, he welcomes illegal aliens to destroy our state.
It was Newsom who jiggered the election date to minimize turnout. And he discouraged prominent democrats from running to keep the vote from being diluted. He is hoping Republicans stay at home and do not vote by mail.
My choice for a replacement governor will be Kevin Faulconer to bring some common sense back into the political equation. Even if Larry Elder is added to the list, he lacks any qualifications to run the state.
We are so screwed if we do not recall Gavin Newsolini!
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell