It is Day + 14, votes are still being counted and recounted in some precincts and the acrimonious rhetoric continues.
There does not appear to be any further movement in making a credible case for a massive, pervasive, and coordinated attack on the 2020 elections until today's planned Powell court filing in Georgia. Many of the filed court cases look suspiciously like delay and distract tactics while more information is gathered on a Hail Mary play involving the examination of electronic voting systems.
We are also seeing a number of government and congressional players attack President Trump as they prepare for what they see is a January 20th inauguration of a new President.
Let us not forget some basic facts:
(1) President Trump has spent his entire business career, a significant portion of his life, embroiled in litigation. Not necessarily to win court cases, but to renege or escape responsibility for deals that went South, to avoid criminal and civil penalties, to improve the terms and conditions of a deal, to lower taxes, to obtain favorable zoning, and to bully others into submission and acceptance of his terms and conditions.
While we all may assume that Donald Trump wants to retain the Presidency, we do not know his real motives, which might include saving face for an ego-crushing loss, perfecting his claim of actually winning the Presidency, but stepping aside for the good of the country, setting up control of the Republican Party and act as a shadow President, or simply something as transactional as stopping any current or planned prosecution by partisans regarding the activities of himself or his children.
(2) As for his front-line attorneys with storied backgrounds and fearsome reputations, they are all creatures of the media, and as with many attorneys, need to burnish or improve their own reputations as straight-shooters fearlessly presenting facts while under attack by a hostile media. They do not necessarily have to win an unwinnable case to walk away as a winner and able to attract other high-profile cases or positions as media commentators.
(3) As fantastic as a conspiracy narrative might seem, it could be true given the millions of dollars spent on investigations, thousands of hours of sworn testimony, millions of pages of documentation, and the involvement of high-ranking government officials in what is termed the Trump/Russia collusion hoax. A hoax that arose from a not-so-creative narrative and piece of fiction known as the Steele Dossier created and funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee -- often one-in-the-same when you consider that Clintonistas ran the DNC.
(4) That Biden's entire campaign was based on "Orange Man Bad" and not challenged by a corrupt and progressive mainstream media and aided-and-abetted by the social media oligarchs is a story in itself that lends credence to a wide-ranging loosely-coupled conspiracy.
(5) Our nation is under attack by a fifth column that seeks to destroy America from within. They, primarily the communists, have infiltrated the Democrat Party and most of our institutional infrastructure: in government, in education, in media, in the unions, in the environmental movement, and are leading a political and cultural revolution to destroy the America we know and love. Starting with our cherished Constitution that guarantees our inalienable rights and limits the power of the federal government. They are sowing the seeds of identity politics, which are resulting in fear, disorder, violence, and more class and race hatred.
(6) A corporatized media and a number of "woke" corporations are selling America out, some as virtue-signaling by their executives, others to avoid reputational damage, and others because it seems good business to pander to the most vocal elements of society.
(7) Many high-ranking individuals are mistaking the crap they see on social media as being reflective of wider views of a majority of Americans when it could be simply the act of a pimply-faced 16-year-old outcast sitting in his proverbial basement eating Cheetos and drinking energy drinks.
Down the rabbit hole: the narrative today:
The argument appears to be, at least in the media, that there may be a widespread conspiracy, coup 3.0, to disrupt the 2020 elections on behalf of unspecified foreign actors or perhaps deep-state members of our intelligence, law enforcement, and those who may face an existential threat from ongoing investigations. Perhaps, one reason that the long-promised Durham Report is being withheld by the Attorney General.
What “they” are saying…
Twenty-eight states used Dominion Voting Systems, among them states with statistically high voter turnout, publicly acknowledged procedural errors, and the denial of credentialed GOP poll-watchers.
It has been confirmed that Dominion Voting Systems' response to the the City of Philadelphia's request for proposals for an election system, contained redacted entries in response to a question regarding foreign ownership or investors, as well as other “suspicious” redactions, including a section regarding the origin of system components and foreign countries using their systems.
[OCS: It is not unusual for vendors to redact customer lists, financials, equipment sourcing, operational details, and other proprietary information from public-facing documents, but provide the unredacted information to those evaluating the proposal. It is also normal and customary for a multi-national company to have foreign ownership and investors, some of whom may be Americans and some of whom may be associated with politics.
If you are interested in Dominion voting systems -- check out the progressive Public Broadcasting System's October 26, 2020 piece "Will Georgia’s new voting machines solve election problems — or make them worse?" They even speak about election security and procedural issues. They compare the system's software with the ill-fated Boeing 737MAX software -- not good! This piece justifies the inquiries into the Dominion system and the possibility of serious systemic issues that could have compromised the 2020 election.]
That ballot information, vote totals, logon credentials and operational logs were stored in a foreign database managed by a company experiencing financial difficulty, based in Spain and with servers located in Frankfurt, Germany. Twitter rumors that these servers were confiscated by members of U.S. intelligence or the U.S. Army were cited by Republican Representative Louie Gohmert of Texas who admitted “I don’t know the truth.”
[OCS: It is not unusual for information to be stored in a third-party-hosted database and the data could have been as easily hosted on publicly-available systems hosted by Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and others. It is also likely that foreign clients would also object to having their election information stored on American servers. To the extent that a Member of Congress repeated an unsubstantiated rumor is simply another politician that cannot resist the cameras and the need to be first – whether the information is right, wrong, or somewhere in-between.]
The procedural safeguards are weak or non-existent as election personnel were instructed to cut-and-paste voter files onto a CF (Compact Flash) card like those found in your camera and transmit that information to the proper authorities.
[OCS: This is an uncontrolled process that should have been automated, menu-driven, and logged. This is sloppy design, perhaps necessitated by the need for multiple transmission modes or simply used as a backup. While the procedure is described, with illustrations, in the operator’s handbook, there is no indication of the reasoning for using such a procedure.]
Who Is Peter Neffenger? Vice Admiral (USCG, ret) Neffenger is an experienced national security official who was added to the Biden/Harris transition team. More importantly, Neffenger was appointed by former-President Barack Obama to be the Administrator of the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and served from 2015 until 2017.
What makes Neffenger a “person of interest" (in the non-legal sense) is that he was the Chairman of another election systems company, Smartmatic, providing election services in the United States and which was also connected with Scytl and used its servers.
It appears that Smartmatic software is embedded in almost all election systems and might be the suspect vote-scraping software that may have altered the 2020 election.
[OCS: Let’s play “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” to see what chain can be created to link assumed innocent individuals to more nefarious players. Considering that most top-level people may know one another or have attended the same schools, conferences, or social events, this is not dispositive of wrongdoing. And, of course, having a high-ranking former official on a company’s board is a necessity of business when it comes to winning government contracts.]
Since there are no national or international standards for election systems and the various local and state entities are in charge of their own voting procedures and equipment, this is a topic worthy of investigation and regulation. Were election systems, said to have been used to manipulate votes in foreign countries, used in the United States? Beats me! And I have absolutely no confidence in the Department of Justice or the FBI – so we will never likely know the truth about anything that occurred in the last 12 years (including the Obama era).
Both former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn’s lawyer, Sidney Powell, have a mountain to climb before they can produce evidence of vote-tampering in a court of competent jurisdiction.
According to Sidney Powell, she has an affidavit from someone who may have been involved in the subversion of foreign votes and explains how it may have been done in the 2020 election -- and that the vote count stoppage was related to resetting certain counts that changed the election from a Trump win to a Biden win. Nobody expected the Trump landslide, so vote totals had to be recomputed. It may have also been used to give Hillary Clinton a win over Bernie Sanders in 2016 in California.
Powell also says that people close to Trump in the White House are urging her to stop looking at the system. Today, the information is scheduled to be filed in the Georgia case and made available to officials in Pennsylvania.
It is now my belief and fear that President Trump may concede, announce that the election was stolen, and continue with being Donald Trump, citizen and political superhero or evil villain depending on who is speaking -- before the process plays out.
If this vote manipulation is true. it will be up to the state legislatures to invalidate the popular vote and direct the electors to vote for Trump. Can't wait to read the Powell filing.
We are so screwed.