ARE THE PROGRESSIVE SOCIALIST DEMOCRATS EXPLOITING BALTIMORE?
It doesn't look like the America I know.
It appears, at least to me, that the minority progressive socialist democrats who run the City of Baltimore are exploiting, and in many ways, promoting the civil unrest that is crippling their city …
How else do you can you explain that the minority-controlled city run by progressive social democrats are running to the progressive mainstream media sounding like socialist agitators … while the order the minority-run Baltimore Police Department to stand down in the face of rioting, looting, and general civil insurrection?
Some possible explanations for what we are seeing …
- The Mayor and City Council members are following Rahm Emanuel’s dictum as they appear to be in “campaign mode” and speaking in the code words of socialism: social justice, root causes, lack of opportunity and on-and-on. The Mayor certainly has higher aspirations in the democrat party, possibly running for Governor or Senator.
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. ~ Rahm Emanuel
- The Mayor and City Council members are counting on an influx of state and local funds to rebuild the community and funds which they can then exploit for political purposes.
- The progressive unions are amassing a great deal of overtime which will benefit their membership.
- Why are officials seemingly unresponsive in light of a potential tinderbox situation? The proximate cause of this civil unrest is the suspicious death of Freddie Gray who was taken into police custody and later died from severe injuries, his spinal cord 85% severed, three fractured neck vertebrae, and a crushed voice box. And, instead of learning the lessons from the past riots in Ferguson and elsewhere, the public officials apparently delayed their investigation until some local video camera evidence was taped over. According to news reports: “Officials have declined to provide 911 call recordings related to Gray's arrest or injury, citing the open investigation, and police have declined to provide dispatch recordings that would contain any conversations between officers and dispatchers while Gray was in custody. The timeline for when and where the van stopped remains incomplete, and no time has been provided for the van's last stop, back on North Avenue for another pickup before its arrival at the Western District police station.” <Source>
- Why are officials reporting the possibility that three street gangs (Bloods, Crips, and Black Guerrilla Family) were going to declare a truce among themselves and possibly attack police officers – and then not targeting these gangs as the domestic terrorists they are? Could it have something to do with the fact that they are a minority and that the progressive socialist democrats are not about to tamper with their core constituency? Or that targeting a minority destroys part of their social justice meme that refused to hold minorities accountable for a disproportionate amount of crime?
- Why is the Chief of Police not resigning after watching his officers stand one block away from an active looting scene – when the media was interviewing people a few hundred or so feet away from the action? It has been suggested that the optics of a black police force cracking down on black rioters would not play well in the political arena.
- Why hasn’t the community come together to march and protest against the gangs that are killing young black men and providing drugs to children?
- An why don't the progressive socialist democrats explain which special interests wound up will billions in tax dollars slated to improve life in the impoverished inner cities and upgrade educational opportunities?
What is the city doing to contain outside radicals and agitators? News reports have the communist New Black Panther Party in the area, not to mention members of Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam.
Media fail to identify leader of Baltimore riots
Major news media outlets have failed to report one of the main leaders of the “splinter group” of Baltimore protesters who turned violent is a notorious racist and the former national chairman of the New Black Panther Party, WND has found.
The New York Times, the Associated Press, the New York Daily News, CBS local and other news media outlets all name Malik Shabazz as a leader of the breakaway, chaotic protests. Yet each of these news outlets only identify Shabazz only as “president of Black Lawyers for Justice.”
The AP reported: “A smaller ‘splinter group’ looted a convenience store and threw tables and chairs through storefront windows, shattering the glass. One group smashed the window of a department store inside a downtown mall and, at one point, a protester tossed a flaming metal garbage can toward a line of police officers in riot gear as they tried to push back the crowd.
“Earlier, a group of protesters smashed the windows of at least three police cars and got into fights with baseball fans outside a bar.”
Shabazz was a leader of that “splinter group.” <Source>
Nation Of Islam and Gangs To Embattled Cities: We’re In Control
The reaction from authorities and activists to the violence exploding from protests in Baltimore appears to be a start of a pattern.
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake “thanked the Nation of Islam” Saturday, “who have been very present in our efforts to keep calm and peace in our city.”
The Daily Caller’s Chuck Ross asked the mayor’s office about her comments relating to giving “space” to those who wish to “destroy.” The mayor’s office would only say her comments were taken out of context.
The thank you came following the riots that erupted from local protests relating to the death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who died from spinal injuries he incurred during his detainment by Baltimore law enforcement.
Malik Zulu Shabazz, former chairman of the New Black Panther Party, descended upon the city the day before the protests began and he told supporters at a rally, “Shut it down if you want to! Shut it down!” <Source>
What’s wrong with this picture?
In what world do you thank a racist, an anti-White, anti-America, anti-Semitic cult leader for his assistance in providing intimidating young men to help keep the peace?
The Mayor who is punching her future progressive socialist democrat ticket …
In a press conference Sunday, Rawlings-Blake said, "I ... instructed (the police) to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. ... We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that." <Source>
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has it all – a female version of Barack Obama – young, Black, telegenic, well-spoken, well-credentialed (BA in Political Science from Oberlin College; Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law), and all of the right positions and accolades (Mayor Rawlings-Blake was elected to a top leadership position in the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to serve as Secretary, following the historic reelection of President Barack Obama. Mayor Rawlings-Blake also serves as vice president of the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) and in key USCM leadership positions. In 2010, she was elected by her fellow mayors to the USCM Board of Trustees. She is also a member of the Mayor’s Water Council, and the Criminal and Social Justice Standing Committee.). Plus, she has a hyphenated name and well-connected in democrat circles -- she is the daughter of one of the state’s most legendary politicians.
And like President Obama, she may be unable to pull the trigger lest it impact her future political career. Maybe this is her way of voting “present.”
What this mayor sounds like …
- “This particular fire is under investigation. We do not know if it is related to the riot.”
- “Listen. I am going to protect people’s right to protest. The fact that people exploited that does not mean that I do not have an obligation to protect people’s right to protest.”
- “I never said, nor would I ever say, that we are giving people space to destroy our city. So my words should not be twisted.”
Spoken like a lawyer.
Bottom line …
It is almost like public officials want these civil rights protests and police actions to occur – possibly to gin-up their base for the upcoming 2016 election and the reinforce their meme of social justice, police oppression, and income inequality.
It is disgusting that the police are not taking action while the city’s leadership continues to bloviate. Oh well, another checkbox on the Mayor’s race to higher office.
With the police refusing to enforce the law, how can the city’s leadership continue to demand that law-abiding citizens be disarmed and stripped of the ability to protect themselves.
We are not a third-world nation or a banana republic, so what is going on?
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS