We could easily debate the science of global warming, the politics of global warming, the religious fervor of the activists on both sides, the inability of man to affect the global climate with present day technology, or even the corruption and bias in global warming research. But, that all pales against the single most important fact that the global warming activists do not want you to understand.
ALL OF THE TEMPERATURE ACTIVITY OBSERVED IS WELL WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF CLIMATE’S NORMAL VARIABILITY!
Many scientists doubt that man’s attempts to affect the global climate patterns could even be measured against the backdrop of nature’s normal variability. Truth-be-told, the Earth has been hotter, colder, with less atmospheric carbon dioxide, with more atmospheric carbon dioxide, all before there was any significant industrial activity.
And, it appears that the entire global warming controversy is one over political power and the manipulation of the world’s wealthiest nations for the purposes of redistributing wealth by some contrived political formula.
So it behooves us, “We the People,” to ask ourselves how big of a climate signal is being produced and whether or not that signal can be distinguished from the natural variability of the chaotic system that is our climate?
From the researchers at the University of Alabama Huntsville …
Global Temperature Report: May 2013
- Global climate trend since Nov. 16, 1978: +0.14 C per decade
May temperatures (preliminary)
- Global composite temp.: +0.07 C (about 0.13 degrees Fahrenheit) above 30-year average for May.
- Northern Hemisphere: +0.16 C (about 0.29 degrees Fahrenheit) above 30-year average for May.
- Southern Hemisphere: -0.01 C (about 0.02 degrees Fahrenheit) below 30-year average for May.
- Tropics: +0.11 C (about 0.20 degrees Fahrenheit) above 30-year average for May.
April temperatures (revised):
- Global Composite: +0.10 C above 30-year average
- Northern Hemisphere: +0.12 C above 30-year average
- Southern Hemisphere: +0.09 C above 30-year average
- Tropics: +0.17 C above 30-year average
(All temperature anomalies are based on a 30-year average (1981-2010) for the month reported.)
The satellite-based instruments measure the temperature of the atmosphere from the surface up to an altitude of about eight kilometers above sea level. Once the monthly temperature data is collected and processed, it is placed in a "public" computer file for immediate access by atmospheric scientists in the U.S. and abroad.
Neither Christy nor Spencer receives any research support or funding from oil, coal or industrial companies or organizations, or from any private or special interest groups. All of their climate research funding comes from federal and state grants or contracts. Source: Global Climate Trend Since Nov. 16, 1978: +0.14 C Per Decade
Things to note in the above report …
- 0.1 degrees Celsius = .18 degrees Fahrenheit; therefore, 0.14 degrees Celsius (2.52 degrees Fahrenheit) per ten year span (decade)
- If facts were facts, there would be no reason to publish a “preliminary” result followed by a “revised” result unless there were significant errors in the process. Something which is not noted in this disclosure.
- All temperatures are based on an artificial time period (1981 – 2010) that is hardly indicative of the long time scales for actual climate trends (800 – 1000 years, depending on the dataset used). In essence cherry picking a timeframe supporting a beneficial view of a hypothesis.
- The data is provided after it has been statistically adjusted by researchers and then provided to the “public.” This data is in the form of “temperature anomalies” – or departures from a pre-determined baseline chosen by researchers.
- The statement that research support or funding does not come from oil, coal, or industrial companies or organizations or private or special interest groups, but from federal and state grants or contracts is both misleading and disingenuous. The political interests in local, state and federal governments constitutes the largest self-serving special interest group in the United States and can no more be trusted that any other special interest group as it imposes its own form of “institutional bias.” That is, researchers are more likely to undertake projects that are likely to be funded by political sources – and produce results acceptable to those sources. However, both Christy and Spencer, are straight-arrow researchers who are more interested in science than the political implications of science.
An inconvenient truth: Climate Fluctuates!
Source: Christy and Spencer
What do Christy and Spencer have to say about man-made global warming …
“Global warming” refers to the global-average temperature increase that has been observed over the last one hundred years or more. But to many politicians and the public, the term carries the implication that mankind is responsible for that warming. This website describes evidence from my group’s government-funded research that suggests global warming is mostly natural, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions and aerosol pollution.
Believe it or not, very little research has ever been funded to search for natural mechanisms of warming…it has simply been assumed that global warming is manmade. This assumption is rather easy for scientists since we do not have enough accurate global data for a long enough period of time to see whether there are natural warming mechanisms at work.
The case for natural climate change I also present an analysis of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation which shows that most climate change might well be the result of….the climate system itself! Because small, chaotic fluctuations in atmospheric and oceanic circulation systems can cause small changes in global average cloudiness, this is all that is necessary to cause climate change. You don’t need the sun, or any other ‘external’ influence (although these are also possible…but for now I’ll let others work on that). It is simply what the climate system does. This is actually quite easy for meteorologists to believe, since we understand how complex weather processes are. Your local TV meteorologist is probably a closet ‘skeptic’ regarding mankind’s influence on climate.
Climate change — it happens, with or without our help. <Source>
Once again, credible, well-credentialed researchers have noted that there has been very little research funded to search for natural mechanisms of warming, further illustrating the institutional bias of institutions and researchers who embark upon projects that are most likely to attract significant funding for facilities, personnel, and projects that are helpful to push forward public policies beneficial to self-serving (and corrupt) politicians.
Bottom line …
Politicians are struggling to convince the public that they should be allowed to enlarge the size and scope of government, raise taxes, engage in central planning, and restrict the freedoms Americans now enjoy – all based on the highly speculative hypothesis that man presents a clear and present danger to our planet and that unless draconian measures are taken quickly, we are sacrificing future generations of Americans by presenting them with a dying planet. Unbelievable, the hubris of man to believe that they can alter physical principles and the universe by changing lightbulbs, using electric cars, and switching to solar, wind, and water-power energy generation to drive an industrial economy.
Even worse, the idiot Americans who learn more about celebrity and trivial sports matters than they do critical thinking and the actual science that cries “bullshit” when corrupt politicians attempt to subvert the United States Constitution and usurp our God-given freedoms.
Throw these corrupt bastards out of office in 2014, 2016, and 2018 and save your liberty and planet from fools.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS