DISHONEST SCIENCE: "Most Scientists Agree: Humans are Causing Global Climate Change"
The problem of researchers “doing science” by reporting the published works of others does not mean diddly-squat!
- “Peer-review” is part of the publishing process of a scientific journal to insure that the submitted paper meets the journal’s standards and does not contain obvious errors or unclear passages. In the majority of cases, the reviewers do not have access to the author’s underlying data, the means to verify the author’s assertions, nor do they vouch for the accuracy or truth of the underlying position being presented.
- Many prestigious institutions demand that their professional scientific staff attracts research money and/or publish as part of their academic duties. Hence the term “publish or perish.” Thus, there is an inherent bias in the work being performed at these institution – projects that are most likely to attract funding are also more likely to agree with the funding agencies’ political views or mainstream viewpoints. A form of self-sustaining wrongness.
- You cannot judge science by counting authors. One revolutionary paper can overturn thousands of published journal articles. Consider the thousands of papers on Newtonian mechanics that were proven grossly incomplete when quantum mechanics indicated that Newtonian laws were but approximations of observations under normal conditions, but the underlying science appears to be null and void at extreme distances involving the universe, or at molecular levels involving the fundamental nature of matter and energy.
- Science is not performed by consensus. Nose counts don’t count.
- Many scientists are afraid to jeopardize their lives and income by publishing contrarian viewpoints. In fact, the climate-gate e-mails specifically demonstrate the lengths to which climate activists go to disparage colleagues and prevent publishing if they are not part of the activist crowd. A crowd that has a significant conflict of interest as they protect billions of dollars in research grants, equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- For those that care, I can easily explain the carbon dioxide phenomena with real science. As the Earth warmed, natural for a planet emerging from an ice age, dissolved carbon dioxide was released from the oceans into the atmosphere. Just like opening a cold beer on a hot day. Because the rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide lags the rise in temperature (by 800 – 1000 years, depending on the chosen dataset), it cannot be causal. As to why carbon dioxide was chosen to be demonized, because it involves the exploration, generation, storage, distribution and use of energy – the lifeblood of man and machine. The only way the progressives could achieve control over our economy, our lives, and our existence using public policies.
So I call bullshit …
Most Scientists Agree: Humans are Causing Global Climate Change
Do most scientists agree that human activity is causing global climate change? Yes, they do, according to an extensive analysis of the abstracts or summaries of scientific papers published over the past 20 years, even though public perception tends to be that climate scientists disagree over the fundamental cause of climate change.
The researchers did not even read the papers they purportedly analyzed, only the abstracts or summaries. No nuance there – and in most cases, significant probabilistic measures of errors may be contained within the text.
To help put a stop to the squabbling, two dozen scientists and citizen-scientists from three continents--including Sarah Green, professor and chair of chemistry at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Mich.— analyzed the abstracts of nearly 12,000 peer-reviewed scientific papers on climate change published between 1991 and 2011. They also surveyed the authors of those papers, to find out how well the analysis agreed with the authors’ own views on how their papers presented the cause of climate change.
Science is not performed by consensus and the scientific method is a process of controlled skepticism – where skepticism is encouraged, not demonized. A hypothesis is proposed, an experiment is performed, results are published for challenge, and the challenge moves science forward.
They found that more than 97 percent of the scientists who expressed any opinion in their papers about the primary cause of global climate change believed that human activity was the cause. Approximately the same percentage of authors who responded to the survey said that their papers endorsed anthropogenic (human-caused) climate change. Nine of the scientists who analyzed the abstracts--including Green--reported their findings today in the journal Environmental Research Letters, published by the Institute of Physics. Source: Most Scientists Agree: Humans are Causing Global Climate Change
Are you telling me that 97 percent of the scientists who published papers or expressed an opinion are so stupid as to believe man’s actions have gross effects on the output of the Sun’s energy, the position of the Earth relative to the Sun, the Earth’s rotational dynamics, vulcanology and plate tectonics; not to mention the ocean’s deep currents and the greatest greenhouse gas of all, water vapor? Are you telling me that these scientists accept the output of computer models based on incomplete assumptions and heavily-manipulated data as scientific fact? One large volcano can alter all of their data – and yet they want us to believe they have the answers necessary to make life-altering public policy? Bullpucky!
Bottom line …
There is no science to-date that indicates that scientists really know what is happening with global climate, else they would be able to explain why we are seeing rising atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations when the global temperature trend line indicates that our planet has been cooling for a decade or more. Of course, human time scales are irrelevant as nature works on much longer periods – thousands and millions of years. Cherry-picking short time scales is dishonest, disingenuous, and unhelpful to the scientific exploration of our planetary dynamics and ecosystems.
We are not even sure that the signal of man-made factors can be seen and measured against the normal variability of climate.
Thus, without answers to a degree of certitude that requires economy-busting measures and the loss of personal freedoms, politicians should not be allowed to use science to push their toxic socialist agenda on any American.
To demonstrate how dishonest the political discourse in America might be, consider that the government will offer government-approved indulgences, created, marketed, and traded by the Wall Street Wizards that will allow gross polluters to continue polluting our air, water, and land – making local people sick – in return for a certificate that attests to the planting of trees in a rainforest. How effin’ stupid and corrupt is that?
Use your brains people. Wake up before you find yourself enslaved to those who have purchased our America from the corrupt politicians willing to sell it to them.
In the wilderness of science, one informed voice outweighs the consensus of a million uninformed or dishonest activists.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS