The “libtards” think you are so stupid that you will buy their irrational argument about gun control being crime control without considering the facts.
Strict gun control and 60,000 deaths since 2006 and the war on drugs …
Americans look at Mexico and see a country of relentless bloodshed, where heads are rolled into discos, where mutilated bodies show up a dozen at a time and where more than 60,000 people have been killed since the government began its assault on drug traffickers in 2006. <Source: New York Times>
To put that in perspective, consider the Iraq war which started in 2003 -- U.S. Troop Casualties - 4,487 US troops; 98% male. 91% non-officers; 82% active duty, 11% National Guard; 74% Caucasian, 9% African-American, 11% Latino. 19% killed by non-hostile causes. 54% of US casualties were under 25 years old. 72% were from the US Army.
What? We have a raging drug war on our border involving a nation with strict gun control? How can that be? And how many of the gun deaths in America involve drugs, gangs and guns?
Mexican citizens must purchase weapons from the government …
- Mexico has strict gun laws.
- Mexican citizens and legal residents may purchase new non-military firearms for self-protection or hunting only after receiving approval of a petition to the Defense Ministry, which performs extensive background checks.
- The allowed weapons are restricted to relatively low-caliber and can be purchased from the Defense Ministry only.
- "Military" firearms, including pistols with bores exceeding .38 caliber, and bb guns (but not pellet guns) require federal licenses and are regulated in a manner similar to that dictated by the U.S. National Firearms Act (NFA).
- The private sale of "non-military" firearms, however, is unregulated, and while these firearms are supposed to be registered with the government, in practice this is widely ignored.
- Laws dealing with the possession of "non-military" firearms are left to the states. Generally, "non-military" firearms may be kept in the home, but a license is required to carry them outside the home.
And they don’t tolerate armed illegal aliens or even armed legal visitors …
Don’t bring firearms or ammunition across the border into Mexico.
Don’t carry a knife, even a small pocketknife, on your person in Mexico.
You may become one of dozens of U.S. Citizens who are arrested each month for unintentionally violating Mexico’s strict weapons laws.
If you are caught with firearms or ammunition in Mexico...
- You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
- You will be separated from your family, friends, and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
- You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
- You may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.
If you carry a knife on your person in Mexico, even a pocketknife . . .
- You may be arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon;
- You may spend weeks in jail waiting for trial, and tens of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, court costs, and fines;
- If convicted, you may be sentenced to up to five years in a Mexican prison.
Claiming not to know about the law will not get you leniency from a police officer or the judicial system. Leave your firearms, ammunition, and knives at home. Don’t bring them into Mexico.
Bottom line …
Our democrat progressives in government want strict gun control like the Marxists in Mexico – but overlook the consequences of having an armed criminal element and an unarmed civilian population.
If the democrats, mostly liberal progressives, wanted to really legislate morality and impose effective gun control, perhaps they would simply prohibit minorities and teenagers from owning, possessing or using a weapon. But then again, that would be racist and ageist according to the progressive liberals. (You might hear the outrage from the Black Caucus – many of whom believe that whitey is dumping weapons in the ‘hood to kill blacks – all the way to Alaska) Notice I did not include criminals in the list, simply because criminals do not obey the law and will find ways to obtain weapons – ask the Mexicans.
From the Children’s Defense Fund, we find that:
- Black children and teens accounted for 45 percent of all child and teen gun deaths in 2008 and 2009 but were only 15 percent of the total child population.
- Black males 15-19 were eight times as likely as White males of the same age and two-and-a-half times as likely as their Hispanic peers to be killed in a gun homicide in 2009.
- The leading cause of death among Black teens ages 15 to 19 in 2008 and 2009 was gun homicide. For White teens 15 to 19 it was motor vehicle accidents followed by gun homicide
in 2008 and gun suicide in 2009.
And if you examine the statistics, you would find more guns owned by people in rural areas than urban areas, but more crimes committed with guns in the inner cities and urban areas – especially minority-related gun violence involving guns, gangs and innocent bystanders. Not to mention the proportion of minorities that appear willing to shoot it out with law enforcement. More whites own guns than blacks, yet there is more gun violence in minority communities.
Perhaps it is not the guns, but the people who are holding the guns – the criminals, the drug addled, the incompetent and the idiotic. So why disarm the general public for an unsolvable problem that has no legislative solution?
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS