Before reading Barack Obama’s latest communiqué and fundraising request, I want you to consider the following:
(1) It’s not for the children as it appears that most of the taxpayer’s money that is designated for education is allocated to school administration and personnel and very little makes it to the classroom. Witness teachers continually complaining about having to purchase school supplies for their classrooms out of their own pockets.
(2) It is about supporting the public employee unions that provide a substantial amount of support to democrat candidates and causes. The very same unions who protect incompetent teachers and those who are found to be sexual predators. The very same unions which mandate work rules which preclude parental volunteerism in almost every classroom and office category except fundraising.
(3) If it were about the children, why do today’s children have the worst literacy in decades – pumped out by teachers more interested in teaching political activism, political correctness, multi-culturalism and moral equivalency than the basics: reading, writing, arithmetic, history, civics and critical thinking.
(4) Why is it that the money collected by this latest e-mail blast will be used for political purposes – to support Barack Obama and his progressive cronies rather than for education.
(5) As for Obama’s promise to take action – what has this man actually done outside of the basketball court and golf links that would indicate personal involvement in the issues of our times. Obama has managed to outsource everything to others in Congress and his Administration; throwing people under the bus if things don’t work out as intended.
(6) Obama is being dishonest and disingenuous when he offers to make budgetary cuts. One, Obama has little or no influence on the actual budgeting process other than the power of the veto; and two, his previously hyper-inflated budgets are so out of line, that any cut would only endorse more radical spending and reward those who are throwing money at public employees and special interest to curry favor in the 2012 election cycle.
What they are saying …
President Obama said this week that any budget that sacrifices a commitment to education is a budget that sacrifices our future: "And I will not let it happen."
Here's why he's taking a stand:
The cuts in the House Republican budget to education would be devastating for teachers, students, and families -- costing 55,000 jobs, slashing financial aid for 8 million college kids, and dropping hundreds of thousands from Head Start, an early-education program proven to help low-income children graduate high school.
This week, the House passed another short-term extension of the federal budget that will fund the government through early April -- between now and then, we need to find common ground.
President Obama is committed to commonsense spending cuts that allow us to live within our means without sacrificing key investments that will help us win the future.
With your support today, we can redouble our campaign for a responsible budget as the deadline nears, with OFA volunteers calling lawmakers and hand-delivering petitions to congressional offices.
Together, we'll work to make sure that every family, principal, teacher, and student across the country understands that critical funding for education is at stake -- and what they can do about it.
Please donate $3 or more today to support Organizing for America and fight to protect our investments in education.
House Republicans are proposing reckless cuts that would undo our progress on health reform, prevent the EPA from protecting our air and water, and hurt our economy and job creation.
The cuts are particularly bad for education, and when we're talking about investing in children and schools, we're talking about investing in our future.
The budget the President signs must have bipartisan support, but he's made it clear it also must invest in -- not sacrifice -- education.
Anything less is irresponsible and not worthy of our children.
Your support today will ensure all Americans understand what's at stake. We'll stand together and support the President as he tries once again to reach common ground with Republicans.
But we need your help.
Please donate $3 or more to support Organizing for America today: <link deleted>
Thanks for standing up for teachers, kids, and jobs.
Bottom line …
Education is already well-funded. And this does not seem to be making a difference. Witness the $20 BILLION construction budget of the Los Angeles Unified School Districts whose hundred million dollar (many are much more) schools produce the same level of dropouts and functionally illiterate children as before – even with dumbing down the test requirements to provide protection for those who continue to destroy our children’s future.
While Obama and the Congressional democrats loudly claim that education is needed to secure our children’s future – they continue to tolerate the malfeasance of the teachers’ unions who have created this educational crisis. They have taken steps to kill voucher programs or any other initiative which would bring competition into the school system.
Education is a local issue and the federal government should no longer be concerned with school finances. They should restrict their activities to setting standards and insuring those standards are met. Not buying off local schools with federal dollars.
And last, but not least, we need to avoid giving lifetime employment, medical benefits and retirement programs which exceed those found in the private sector.
We need to elect honest brokers to serve “We the People.” Unfortunately, Obama and his progressive democrat cronies are among the worst of the worst when it comes to corruption, waste and fraud.
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS