President Obama is using the Internet to promote his version of Obamacare and is calling his effort a “reality check.”
Well, let’s check some realities …
1. The White House does not know what is in the Congressional legislation any more than the Representatives and Senators know.
At the present time, we have a 1000+ page “draft” copy of the legislation which consists of paragraph headers, some lofty goals and not much more than a broad-strokes outline.
The exact details of the legislation are unknown at this time – and the way the legislation is structured, are unknowable because the implementation details are being left up to the Secretaries and White House’s appointed czars.
2. The White House points to nefarious people spreading rumors and making outrageous claims.
The reality is that these people are legitimately questioning the legislation and commenting on what appears to be in the bill and some of the consequences, both intended and unintended, that might arise.
This is a prime tactic of the Chicago political gang and their community organizer friends – demonize the opposition, make fun of them, reduce them to irrelevancy. But whatever you do, do not debate them in a public forum because they might just know what they are talking about.
This is government propaganda … all based on touchie-feely emotions and without hard facts that tell you exactly what this bill will do.
3. It is outrageous that they are portraying this legislation as anything but an experiment with an unknown outcome and using the phrase “security and stability.” They are destroying 85% of a current working system to add a marginal number of new claimants to the system – without increasing the number of physicians and facilities required to service these additional people.
Can you say “Post Office” where everything proceeds on their schedule and you wait, wait, wait in line for the next available clerk. Since the White House does not know the final details of this bill, they can hardly state that the system will be “secure and stable.”
Can you say rationing – which is the evitable consequence of having too few resources to service too many people
Do you want cost containment to mean “best practices” – calculating your chances of success with new drugs or surgical procedures using a table of statistical values – and then denying you a chance at prolonged life – just to save money?
Do you want your tax dollars to fund abortions to further this Administration’s goals of population control to ease pressure on the system. Or perhaps they feel that it is your patriotic duty to die to reduce Medicare and Social Security expenditures?
Look what they have done to Medicare – with rampant fraud unchecked and penalties a mere slap on the wrist. They are telling you Medicare is broken (as is Social Security) and needs to be fixed. Shouldn’t we fix Social Security as a trial run? Make them prove they can fix something and prove that they can run a program with some indication of fiscal responsibility?
4. They talk about scare tactics of the opposition. What do you think they mean when they say:
”If we do nothing, millions more Americans will be denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions, or see their coverage suddenly dropped if they become seriously ill. Out-of-pocket expenses will continue to soar, and more and more families and businesses will be forced to deal with health insurance costs they can’t afford.”
These are scare tactics – coming from the politicians – direct from the White House via the Internet and mainstream media.
5. It is sad, but laughable as they cite the “entrenched special interests.” They built the system that encourages lobbyists to part with campaign cash and voter support to obtain “special access” and the ability to craft legislation. Right now, they will not tell you who they met with that actually had a hand in writing this legislation. We know that House Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Reid aren’t that smart – so who wrote this legislation and how many “special interest” loopholes, carve-outs and grandfathered rights exist in the bill – or will exist is some czar’s interpretation?
6. If this bill is so great, why do they refuse to make it mandatory that all elected officials and government workers give up their present plan and sign-on to this proposed plan?
Reality, whose reality are they selling?
The only thing we agree on is that “The stakes are just too high to do nothing.”
What I suggest …
Make them eat their own dog food … make the proposed plan mandatory for every elected official and government worker. No exemptions for unions or other parties.
Demand that the restrict any health plan and expenditure of money to legal, United States citizens.
Demand honesty – let them craft the entire bill, spell out all the details and then have a six-month moratorium for impact studies and debate. No more rushing legislation through Congress – especially when legislators have no time to read and understand the bill being dropped on their desk for a vote. No more late night, weekend surreptitious votes.
Take action – vote these bastards out of office before they do more damage to our economy and socialize all of our institutions.
Disagree, send me a comment using the comment box below or the e-mail link under my name.
OneCitizenSpeaking: Saying out loud what you may be thinking …
The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. -- Marcus Aurelius
“Nullius in verba.”-- take nobody's word for it!
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”-- George Bernard Shaw
“Progressive, liberal, Socialist, Marxist, Democratic Socialist -- they are all COMMUNISTS.”
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell “Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar “Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS
“The key to fighting the craziness of the progressives is to hold them responsible for their actions, not their intentions.” – OCS
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves, and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” -- George Orwell
“Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." (The people gladly believe what they wish to.) ~Julius Caesar
“Describing the problem is quite different from knowing the solution. Except in politics." ~ OCS