Chairman Grassley has graciously extended the deadline one day to give the accuser and her attorney's another chance to decide if she wants to publicly testify, thus dragging out a matter that could have been resolved months ago.
There is no doubt in my mind that the sole purpose of the game being played by the progressive socialist democrats, the radical activist attorneys, and their dupe, progressive activist Christine Blasey Ford is simply to delay the Senate confirmation hearings on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until after the 2018 mid-term election.
So let's look at the facts as they are now known:
(1) All of the Democrats on the Committee have pre-announced their intentions to vote against the Kavanaugh nomination so no hearing on the allegations will change a single Democrat vote – but may possibly put enough public pressure on the more liberal members of the Committee to abstain or vote against this well-qualified individual.
(2) As a transparent delaying tactic, the Democrats have asked the FBI to investigate the matter, full well knowing that the FBI does not have the jurisdiction to investigate a state matter that occurred 36 years ago and is made without corroboration of any kind. In fact, Judge Kavanaugh’s accuser is unable to supply basic details as to location, time, date, individuals present, and other details that would provide even a modicum of credibility to her claim. The fact that she told her marriage counselor 30-years after the fact, again without supplying details other than to suggest she was attacked by four individuals, not two, does not represent a contemporaneous record of the event, nor does it serve to corroborate any details of the alleged attack. And, given the information in the accuser’s school yearbook, it might be assumed that the accuser was blind drunk and cannot remember the details of any attack or the attackers involved.
(3) The allegations were known since July and yet the ranking committee member, Dianne Feinstein, withheld the allegations from the committee, including her own party’s committee members. During this time, Senator Feinstein did not ask one question relevant to the allegations are either the public or private hearing with Judge Kavanaugh answering questions under oath.
(4) Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has bent over backward to accommodate Kavanaugh’s accuser. Offering her a chance to testify in private, in public, in a deposition, and even to send committee staffers to California to obtain her testimony. When presented with a firm deadline to indicate whether or not Ford will testify before the committee, her attorneys attempted to dictate the “terms of her testimony” and then when the deadline neared, tried to further delay the hearing by claiming that such a life-altering matter necessitated another day to make a final decision.
(5) The conditions set forth by the accuser, such as being allowed to testify AFTER the accused is not only contrary to normal and customary judicial procedure but leaves the accused with nothing to say other than to issue a blanket denial while to accuser can go on-and-on to say almost anything. In fact, the accused demanded that the accused not be in the room when she testifies. Again, contrary to normal and customary judicial procedure.
Enough is enough.
This Chuck Schumer crap may have worked on Miguel Estrada, Robert Bork, and Clarence Thomas – but it should not be allowed to work again.
Christine Blasey Ford has had every opportunity to testify or be deposed under oath. Ford’s attorneys and public relations counsel are known as progressive socialist democrats and presumed to be part of the resistance to President Trump, his positions, policies, and nominees.
And, if anyone should be held responsible for this shameful performance, it should be Senator Dianne Feinstein who should be expelled from the United States Senate for blatantly and dishonestly manipulating a witness who may be suffering some form of mental trauma.
This is not a game … and the continuing destruction of our institutions is at stake. It is “We the People” who are being defrauded and insulted.
Time to end this shameful charade and pass Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Senate floor for a roll-call vote.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius