It is more than ironic that former Attorney General Eric Holder, the first Attorney General in U.S. history to be held in both civil and criminal contempt of Congress for not releasing documents the Oversight Committee had requested and was entitled to under the Constitution and the laws of the land, is now bloviating about the declassification and release of DOJ and FBI documents to another oversight committee. As far as I can tell, Eric Holder is one of many Obama-era officials that is a classic example of “abuse of power.”
Eric Holder: Declassifying FISA documents is 'an especially dangerous abuse of power'
Former Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said Tuesday that President Trump’s decision to declassify FISA court documents and Justice Department messages about the Russia investigation is “an especially dangerous abuse of power.” Mr. Holder criticized Mr. Trump for holding, “his self-interest about the national security interests of the country.”
Mr.Trump announced the move Monday afternoon, after repeated requests from Republicans in both chambers of Congress. The 19 documents declassified would provide an insight to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act application process, FBI interviews with DOJ official Bruce Ohr, and interview reports regarding the FISA application to conduct surveillance on former Trump campaign aide Carter Page. <Source>
There are not wholesale declassifications of the documents, but selected declassifications involving the Director of National Intelligence and others to protect methods and sources.
Again, ironically, the leaking of documents from the DOJ and FBI has already revealed the name of one confidential informant as well as key details of the documents which were leaked to damage President Trump. In all cases, the progressive socialist democrats and their progressive media propaganda machine opined that the information in the redacted sections was the most damning of all. It should also be noted that when many documents that were said to contain redactions to protect national security were redacted, they had nothing to do with national security, but were embarrassing to the agency or the Democrats.
Among the worst is progressive pin-head Adam Schiff (D-CA) who appears to lie and mischaracterize with impunity, and may I add, without shame.
What they might find…
- Obama officials were placing Hillary Clinton and her corrupt cronies above the law to advance the Clinton candidacy.
- Obama officials were spying on an opposition campaign.
- Obama officials were lying to the FISA court to obtain a warrant and most egregiously lying to perpetuate the spying when significant time, energy, and money was expended trying to verify details of an uncorroborated dossier that was an opposition scheme to discredit candidate, and now President, Trump.
- Obama officials were perpetrating a conspiracy to interfere with a presidential election.
- Obama officials were perpetrating a hoax on the American people with a Special Prosecutor without a predicate crime being committed.
We are so screwed with progressive socialist democrats in high places where they attack rather than defend and protect the U.S. Constitution.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius