It is a simple question …
Can you trust the United States Department of Justice under the Acting Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, or any of the Obamacons in the bureaucracy, to pursue the truth on behalf of the American people? Even if that truth would lead to the indictment and prosecution of the top leadership of the Obama Administration, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other top-ranking officials close to Barack Obama?
Given the past performance of the White House and top Administration Agencies over the past eight years, and the feckless, inattentive, and politically compromised nature of the Trump Administration agencies, I think not. Attorney Jeff Sessions should be ashamed of himself and resign from Office. The top leadership of the White House, DNI, CIA, DOJ, FBI, IRS, BATFE, and EPA should be scrutinized and sanctioned when appropriate. I can appreciate the Trump Administration's wanting to put the past behind them and move on to more important matters, but as long as these people and agencies are not held accountable, Americans will continue to distrust their government.
The alleged 2016 hack on the Democrat National Committee, what you need to know …
1. It appears that the DNC refused to allow the FBI to forensically examine the allegedly hacked computer server for signs of hacking and/or foreign intrusion. Since this was a matter of national security, it is curious why the Obama Department of Justice failed to issue a subpoena for forensic access to the hacked server.
2. In that magical way things are done in Hillaryworld, it appears that the law firm of Perkins Coie (the same law firm that was the funding cut-out for the so-called “Steele Dossier”) engaged CrowdStrike, a third-party security vendor with deep ties to the Democrat party, to examine the hacked server.
3. The CrowdStrike findings appeared to be ratified by the Obama “intelligence” community which was led by the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, which also included the Director of the CIA, John Brennan, and FBI Director James Comey. All of whom appear to have ethical issues involving credibility, reliability, and trustworthiness for their hyper-partisan stance.
4. The CrowdStrike conclusions have been questioned by well-credentialed and experienced cybersecurity professionals, and there have been suggestions that it was improbable that the hack by foreign agents was done over the internet, and a more likely scenario involves an insider using a thumb drive to transfer information from the server to the external device. Some theorize that DNC employee Seth Rich, who was murdered in an alleged robbery attempt, may have been a party to the hack or the transfer of information to WikiLeaks. The head of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, seems to suggest in a circuitous manner that Seth Rich may have been the source for the WikiLeaks-exposed DNC emails.
5. There is a secondary scandal involving Pakistani foreign nationals having access to other Democrat-controlled servers and the investigation into this matter has also been stonewalled by former DNC Chair, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and the inability of the DOJ/FBI to gain access to that server. In fact, it appears that California Attorney General may have obstructed justice by providing false information to the FBI.
6. In indicting 12 Russians for allegedly hacking the DNC server, it appears unlikely that none of the twelve individuals named is likely to appear voluntarily in a Federal Court, and thus obstructs the normal process of discovery where government and DNC documents pertaining to the alleged hack may be obtained and examined.
7. Like everything else in the Obama Administration, transparency and accountability are sorely missing in the investigation and any subsequent official actions. And, you will notice that nobody has claimed that the documents released to WikiLeaks were fake, forged, or altered.
Bottom line …
It is a safe assumption that the Russians wanted to disrupt the election and promote doubt about the sanctity of the political process among Americans. Much in the same manner that former President Obama’s people were caught interfering in the election of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The indictment of the twelve Russians appears to be just another Democrat ploy to delay any real investigation and to further obstruct justice.
You will notice that the only real party injured in the hack appeared to be Bernie Sanders and there is substantial proof that the Clinton campaign and the DNC conspired to interfere with the presidential election by disadvantaging Bernie Sanders. This may be a prosecutable criminal act that does not seem to matter to either the Obama or the Trump Department of Justice.
The fact that Hillary Clinton was so detestable and the GOP establishment candidates were so feckless, the election of a crazy-maker like Donald Trump was what was precisely needed to shake-up the status quo in the swamp. While Trump appears to be struggling, he also appears to be winning everywhere except for the progressive mainstream media and their propaganda machine.
We are so screwed.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius