While searching for a copy of Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville, I found a repository of books – most of which are absolutely free online – dealing with liberty and economics. I cannot even begin to describe the enthusiasm I feel in recommending this wonderful resource.
The source of this bounty is the Liberty Fund …
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established in 1960 to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals. The Foundation develops, supervises, and finances its own educational activities to foster thought and encourage discourse on enduring intellectual issues pertaining to liberty.
This is done through the implementation of different programs:
- Each year, Liberty Fund conducts over 150 conferences throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
- Liberty Fund publishes about 10 - often classic - books each year. There is an online catalog where these books can be ordered.
- Liberty Fund has produced video and audio tapes including The Intellectual Portrait Series of videotapes and DVDs which records conversations with some of the most significant thinkers of our time.
Liberty Fund also sponsors the following websites:
The Portable Library of Liberty Data DVD: The PLL disk can be ordered free of charge upon request. It contains over 1,000 full text titles from the OLL collection. They are in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats, are fully self-contained & searchable, and are organized by title, subject area, and topic. The disk also includes our collection of quotations about liberty and power.
And for those who want to study and understand economics …
The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek
- The Legacy of The Legacy of Friedrich von HayekFriedrich von Hayek, vol. 1 Austrian and Neoclassical Economics (Sherwin Rosen)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 2 Hayekian Socialism (Richard A. Epstein)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 3 Hayek, Practitioner of Social Justice (Michael Novak)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 4 Hayek, Radical Reactionary (Lord Ralph Harris)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 5 Hayek’s Legacy (Kurt Leube)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 6 (Kenneth Minogue)
- The Legacy of Friedrich von Hayek, vol. 7 Morality and Community (James M. Buchanan)
Bottom line …
This is the type of knowledge that has been gutted from school curricula by the progressive socialist democrats in favor of teaching about sex, identity politics, and social activism.That is when they are not turning minds to unthinking mush; substituting “feelings” for logic and a historical perspective.
What Santayana wrote in 1905, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” has never more important as we face a potential repeat of the holocaust and the appearance of a modern Neville Chamberlain. We are dealing with a deceptive, duplicitous enemy that our President cannot even name, let alone confront.
We are so screwed, and the only way back is through enlightenment, the restoration of honor, and the elimination of political corruption that amounts to legalized bribery and organized crime.
Click now and explore this treasure trove: Books and Titles - Online Library of Liberty or “Request a complimentary copy of the Portable Library of Liberty DVD by emailing the editor at [email@example.com]. Please include your postal address so the DVD can be shipped to you.”
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius